Being scarce national resources, Frequency spectrum and ICT numbering require long-term planning and management in order to meet the requirements of the fast-evolving industry.
The ICT Scarce Resources Management & Monitoring deals with :
- Frequency Spectrum management;
- Numbering Resource Management.
Mobile Number Portability postponed
In February 2011, the Rwanda Utilities Regulatory Authority (RURA) has postponed the introduction of Mobile Number Portability (MNP) in Rwanda with immediate effect until a minimum consolidated penetration rate of at least 60% of the population is achieved.
Operators Telephone Numbers Block
|Operator||Allocated Number Block|
|MTN Rwandacell||078x xx xx xx ( Document)||-|
|Liquid Telecom||0252 xx xx xx (Document)|
|TIGO Rwanda||072x xx xx xx ( Document)||-|
- Telecommunication: Numbering Plan
- Frequency Management: Rwanda Frequency Allocation Table
- Regulation Governing Sim Card Registration in Rwanda